Install Windows 10 on Nvme samsung 970 evo+ asus h87-pro

Oct 24, 2018
Hi everyone! I bought the ssd nvme samsung 970 evo 250 gb and a pci express support (no nvme 2.0 port on my motherboard). I have a motherboard asus h87-pro. I uploaded the last uefi bios 2104.. I tried already everything like mod the bios..change bios settings.. but I can't choose/ can't see the nvme in the bios boot. It is installed on the nvme but I get the error :"The current bios settings do not fully support the boot device..change csm settings"..tried everything.. nope Someone can help me? Please

karenjoly

Respectable
Apr 13, 2018
Presumably

you have a bootable drive and are adding the M2 drive to the computer

and you have fitted the M2 into a PCIe adapter and the adapter into the PCIe x16_2 slot
which runs PCIe 2 x2 or x4.

Is that correct ?

Have you tried changing the current CSM settings , specifically boot devices control and storage devices control ?

Give us a rundown on what you got and what you tried.

The bios message to change settings may be a sign this will work but OTOH may be the equivalent of fools gold.

wolku

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
I have the same problem . The same drive 970 EVO on NVME M.2 + adapter on PCI-E 16x slot. I have integrated gpu so I don't use any graphic cards on PCI-E.
I installed drive in first yellow slot.
Created windows 10 Pendrive UEFI (using rufus)
Set in Bios CMS disabled.
set secure boot (enabled - installed key - default keys from bios)
set Windows UEFI OS
Started from UEFI pendrive, Installer recognized my 970EVO. I changed in diskpart to GPT and left empty disk.
Selected disk in installer and clicked next.
Instalation finished and restarted.
After restart I removed my pendrive. but BIOS can't see my SSD .

I tried another option , CMS Enabled (set UEFI first )
set non windows UEFI os , disable secure boot , and started instalation from Pendrive (formated from rufus as windows MBR non uefi)
Installer recognized SSD installed windows . but after restart don't see the drive. :(

Third try: I inserted SSD into black PCI-E and set in setting x4 mode,
CMS disable, set Windows UEFI OS, secure boot - enabled (key installed from bios) . Do I have to prepare special pendrive (which include keys??? ) I still use rufus to create bootable pendrive + windows iso from microsoft (newest i think 1809) .
result is the same after restart I can't see drive to set as boot

What should I do ?

wolku

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
I have found something like this . Maybe I will try
https://audiocricket.com/2016/12/31/booting-samsung-sm961-on-asus-p6t-se-mainboard/

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS