Install Windows 10 on SSD?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

yoyoran

Commendable
May 12, 2016
I recently bought a Samsung SSD 850 evo 250gb. Now i really would like to transfer my OS to the SSD, but i cant do this though Samsung migration software because my HDD has 600+ gb of stuff on it. So i want to just buy windows 10 again (I can get it fairly cheap), and run the installer from USB and then install Windows 10 on the SSD. My questions are: Is this possible and how do I do this (video or good explenation). And i dont have an external HDD to back up my stuff so I would really like to do it without losing any data.

Any help is appreciated!

Solution
Chrome and Firefox allow you to login to them now. The advantage to having an account with both is they save all your favorites and passwords, meaning you can login to Chrome on any PC and have all your passwords/shortcuts available.

Just thought I would mention it. Enough advisors in here, I won't add to the confusion :)

USAFRet

Titan

Either or both is fine.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Chrome and Firefox allow you to login to them now. The advantage to having an account with both is they save all your favorites and passwords, meaning you can login to Chrome on any PC and have all your passwords/shortcuts available.

Just thought I would mention it. Enough advisors in here, I won't add to the confusion :)

Solution

yoyoran

Commendable
May 12, 2016

Yea, already did it. It helped me very much.