Install Windows 7 drivers

taffey

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
Hi thanks for reading, I have two pc's one of them won't boot anymore and says windows drivers are missing and to insert Windows disk and reinstall. My pc won't load from cd drive and I have put in a new cd drive and that didn't help. When I plug the other hard drive into my working computer I can access all the contents of it and have checked the disk for errors etc and virus scan which all came back fine.

My question is can I load the Windows disk in my working pc and just reload the drivers on to the hard drive. Is that possible? Can I choose the seperate drive (H) to install it on?

Thanks In advance!

Solution
Usually a system not booting anymore with missing files comes from a hard drive failing. When you did a scan for errors, did you use a utility form the drive vendor or just chkdsk from Windows? You can copy driver files using another computers to your disk, but not install them. If both systems use the same drivers, you can try to copy whatever files the system states are missing to the other drive from the working system, that may help.
Usually a system not booting anymore with missing files comes from a hard drive failing. When you did a scan for errors, did you use a utility form the drive vendor or just chkdsk from Windows? You can copy driver files using another computers to your disk, but not install them. If both systems use the same drivers, you can try to copy whatever files the system states are missing to the other drive from the working system, that may help.

Solution