Install Windows 7 fails. Machine_Check_Exception BSOD

Rico van den Brink

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
Hey all,

Last week I have upgraded my Pc, by buying a new case, SDD, HDD and a new processor cooler, because the old HDD was broken and the old case was pretty bad. I paid a computerstore to do it for me.
They didnt remove the old HDD, so when I got home and started the PC, it started from this old HDD and worked well.

After that, I rebooted it with the original Windows CD to perform a clean install on the SSD. And that is where it all got wrong.
It took a long time to even load the installprogram. After that, the installation goes well, it got installed well it seemed. But after the automatic reboot, the pc hangs on Windows Starting. After rebooting myself this BSOD appeared:
[img=800,600]http://i.imgur.com/BkEpCp0.jpg[/IMG]
On my motherboard, the first led is red, the one below that is orange and the two lowest are green.

After that I tried all the things I could. Of course I googled Machine_Check_Exception and searched the forum here. That didnt provide me the working answer.
I tried it with all possible ways of the two HDDs and the SSD. I tried to boot it with only one RAM stick. I tried the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool (nothing wrong) and I have resetted the BIOS.
I dont have another CPU, motherboard or graphic card to test that.

Besides that, I burned a new Windows 7 Iso and tried that. I also bought a new USB-stick and tried to install it from that, with the CD-rom disabled. I also tried Installing Windows 8, but that all gave me the same problem.

Ive never clocked my CPU or modded something with it. The temperatures looks fine also.

Also to add, it was a bit foolish of me, I formatted my old HDD in the start, so I dont have a working Windows anymore. Im only able to do things in the starting environment. Safe Modus doesnt work also.

This is my pc:
Intel i5 750 Boxed
Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3
Club3D HD 5750 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E
Corsair Carbide 200r Dlosed
Gelid Solutions Tranquillo Rev.2
Kingstom ValueRAM KVR1333D3N9k2/8G
be quiet! Straight Power BQT E7-CM-840W
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST1000DM0003

Hope someone here can help me out!

G

If I were you, I would take the old HDD out and try to reinstall windows once more. If failed, I'd take back the SSD and get a new one. I'm more used to dealing with BSOD's IRQL_NOT_EQUAL so.

Rico van den Brink

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014

Well, I tried that already. I tried every SSD/HDD seperately, with all the other ones disconnected. But they all don't work.
I can not believe that the new SSD and the new HDD are both broken, so I guess there must be another reason...

G

That's great news! Well done for working it out. Whenever you try out a PC for the first time, it doesn't go perfectly. However, when I built my PC it all went without a hitch, except I had to buy new speakers. Enjoy using Windows 7 and your new computer.