[SOLVED] Install Windows 8.1 with a Ryzen 5 5600X

Aug 12, 2022
Hi, I'm new here and imo Windows 10 is ugly. I liked Win8 and I wonder if I can install it with my CPU?

Solution
"AMD verified that computers with Ryzen CPUs can boot Windows 7 and Windows 8 both 64- and 32-bit but on newer hardware, including AMD Ryzen and Intel Kaby Lake and later, Microsoft only officially supports the use of Windows 10. Windows Update blocks updates from being installed on newer systems running older versions of Windows, though that restriction can be circumvented with an unofficial patch. "
Source: Wikipedia
Aug 12, 2022
"AMD verified that computers with Ryzen CPUs can boot Windows 7 and Windows 8 both 64- and 32-bit but on newer hardware, including AMD Ryzen and Intel Kaby Lake and later, Microsoft only officially supports the use of Windows 10. Windows Update blocks updates from being installed on newer systems running older versions of Windows, though that restriction can be circumvented with an unofficial patch. "
Source: Wikipedia

Solution
Aug 12, 2022
Win 8 was the worst version of windows ever. Hated so much it didn't last very long.
It is no longer supported by MS. Time to upgrade. Forget 7 also. No support.
I personally used to use Windows 8.1 specifically on my old PC, and it was actually a really stable OS (More so than Windows 11, running on my new computer)
Also, I'm pretty sure OP is talking about Windows 8.1
And to add on top of that, Windows 8.1 support is ending next year, which is still support, but not very much

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
I personally used to use Windows 8.1 specifically on my old ass PC, and it was actually a really stable OS (More so than Windows 11, running on my new computer)
Also, I'm pretty sure OP is talking about Windows 8.1
And to add on top of that, Windows 8.1 support is ending next year, which is still support, but not very much
Up to you.10 and 11 are similar. 11 runs fine on my computer. Maybe you have other issues with your rig.