Install Windows with usb stick that has MOBO downloads?

Sep 3, 2018
So I am getting a pc very soon. Right now i am downloading all the neccessary downloads for the MOBO and I was wondering to get Windows on the same USB stick that I am using the downloads for. Any answers? I am also wondering is I need VGA and if its an option to use it when you initially set the pc up. Thanks in advance!

Solution
Order of operations. Get Windows on the usb first, then you can stick a bunch of downloaded exe's in the root if you wish. Otherwise you have to format the usb and you'd lose the downloads.

Your PC will work properly to load and install Windows. You get the most basic possible functionality including a low-grade VGA driver that is baked in. I would suggest on this USB stick of yours to have three main drivers downloaded:

1. LAN/Wifi
2. USB Bus
3. Graphics Driver

Once you have LAN, you can just pull the rest down from the web and Windows update will do many.
Order of operations. Get Windows on the usb first, then you can stick a bunch of downloaded exe's in the root if you wish. Otherwise you have to format the usb and you'd lose the downloads.

Your PC will work properly to load and install Windows. You get the most basic possible functionality including a low-grade VGA driver that is baked in. I would suggest on this USB stick of yours to have three main drivers downloaded:

1. LAN/Wifi
2. USB Bus
3. Graphics Driver

Once you have LAN, you can just pull the rest down from the web and Windows update will do many.

Solution