installation arbitrarily directed

I have gotten to the place where I had to uninstall MSN Messenger to sav
espace on my system drive. When I went to re-install it there was no option
to change the drive. I need to keep anything else from installing on the
system drive for the sake of the pagefile or my system tools. Defrag, for
instance, will only work if there is room on the system drive and there is
precious little left.

Is there any version of the installation for MSN Messenger that allows me to
choose the drive on my XP machine where the installation may be set?

Greetings Paul,

Unfortunately no, however, once it's installed in \Program Files\MSN Messenger you can move
it whereever you like (you'll obviously have to make a new shortcut and if you want to
uninstall Messenger for some reason, you'll have to move it back).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Paul J. Perillo" <paul.perillo@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I have gotten to the place where I had to uninstall MSN Messenger to sav espace on my system
>drive. When I went to re-install it there was no option to change the drive. I need to
>keep anything else from installing on the system drive for the sake of the pagefile or my
>system tools. Defrag, for instance, will only work if there is room on the system drive and
>there is precious little left.
>
> Is there any version of the installation for MSN Messenger that allows me to choose the
> drive on my XP machine where the installation may be set?
>
> Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

That sounds too good to be true rsdpecially considering how Windows behaves
about mostly every other software installation.

Thank you.

> Greetings Paul,
>
> Unfortunately no, however, once it's installed in \Program Files\MSN
> Messenger you can move it whereever you like (you'll obviously have to
> make a new shortcut and if you want to uninstall Messenger for some
> reason, you'll have to move it back).
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Paul J. Perillo" <paul.perillo@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>I have gotten to the place where I had to uninstall MSN Messenger to sav
>>espace on my system drive. When I went to re-install it there was no
>>option to change the drive. I need to keep anything else from installing
>>on the system drive for the sake of the pagefile or my system tools.
>>Defrag, for instance, will only work if there is room on the system drive
>>and there is precious little left.
>>
>> Is there any version of the installation for MSN Messenger that allows me
>> to choose the drive on my XP machine where the installation may be set?
>>
>> Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Paul,

It should work however.