Installation error 1316 and 1603

When trying to install an upgrade to ATI's Multimedia Center (from my
currently installed v8.8 to v9.06.1)
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894
i always get the following error once the installshield wizard opens,
halting the installation:
"ATI Multimedia Center Error: Error 1316. A network error occurred while
attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Installations\{a
string of numbers}\MMC88.msi"
After I give OK to this error message a second merror message shows up
displaying:
"Feature transfer error. Error:-1603 Fatal error during installation.
Consult Windows Installer help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information."
This same error occurred with all previous upgrades to my current
installation v8.8.
Any suggestion to fix this?
Thanks.

I followed the recommendations but now a new error sign shows up halting the
installation of the latest 9.06.1 Multimedia Center installation:
"Unhandled Exception:
Error Number:0x8002000B

Setup will now terminate"

Please help me solve this.Thanks.
"alegator" <larry2002@argentina.com> wrote in message
> When trying to install an upgrade to ATI's Multimedia Center (from my
> currently installed v8.8 to v9.06.1)
> https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894
> i always get the following error once the installshield wizard opens,
> halting the installation:
> "ATI Multimedia Center Error: Error 1316. A network error occurred while
> attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Installations\{a
> string of numbers}\MMC88.msi"
> After I give OK to this error message a second merror message shows up
> displaying:
> "Feature transfer error. Error:-1603 Fatal error during installation.
> Consult Windows Installer help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information."
> This same error occurred with all previous upgrades to my current
> installation v8.8.
> Any suggestion to fix this?
> Thanks.

LaxyJames420

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015
Hi,

Thank you for using TomsHardware. We're glad to help you with your computer issue.

We understand that your computer generates Error Code 1316 during an installation of a program. We regret the inconvenience caused to you due to this error message. We'll surely help you with this regards.

The first possibility is that the installation directory doesn't have adequate administrative privileges to install the program. All you've to do is go to the parent folder containing installation folder, and open up Folder Properties dialog and set up adequate permissions.

Secondly, if the problem still persists after changing folder permissions, you might have to look at other possibilities like inadequate disk space, conflicts with security programs such as UAE in Windows. Besides, make sure the short file name creation feature is turned on. This article provides steps to all the above mentioned solutions.

I hope this helps. Should you've any queries or need more information, feel free to contact us.

Warm Regards,
Laxy James

TRENDING THREADS