installation error for ulead media studio 7.0

I have purchased the full version download of Media Studio 7.0 and...
Upon intalling, it first goes through the first screen okay. This
lasts about 2 seconds, then it goes to a second type of screen. This
screen is dark blue and right after all of those blue squares that you
see when its loading in different components--well right when thats
done in about 3 or 4 seconds, I get the same error message.

"internal error
0x80040707"

and it stops installing.
I am running on Windows 2000 Professional edition.
On this same system, I have MS 6.5 directors cut and it works well.
Any help would be appreciated greatly.

try clearing your win2000 temp folder before install

got norton running? switch off

"Doug" <cutlass@primus.ca> wrote in message
> I have purchased the full version download of Media Studio 7.0 and...
> Upon intalling, it first goes through the first screen okay. This
> lasts about 2 seconds, then it goes to a second type of screen. This
> screen is dark blue and right after all of those blue squares that you
> see when its loading in different components--well right when thats
> done in about 3 or 4 seconds, I get the same error message.
>
> "internal error
> 0x80040707"
>
> and it stops installing.
> I am running on Windows 2000 Professional edition.
> On this same system, I have MS 6.5 directors cut and it works well.
> Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

cutlass@primus.ca (Doug) wrote:

>I have purchased the full version download of Media Studio 7.0 and...
> Upon intalling, it first goes through the first screen okay. This
>lasts about 2 seconds, then it goes to a second type of screen. This
>screen is dark blue and right after all of those blue squares that you
>see when its loading in different components--well right when thats
>done in about 3 or 4 seconds, I get the same error message.
>
>"internal error
>0x80040707"
>
>and it stops installing.
>I am running on Windows 2000 Professional edition.
>On this same system, I have MS 6.5 directors cut and it works well.
>Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Make sure you have closed down any programs running in the background
before installing the program.
Check that your computer meets the specifications for the software
your installing.

Regards Brian