mrdudu10

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016
I just bought an NZXT Kraken X53 AIO, and was about to install in my PC with an MSI Z170A Gaming M3 motherboard. However, it appears that the AIO needs three CPU fan headers (2 for fans, one for pump), but my motherboard only has two, and does not have an AIO header. Is there a solution to this?

Thank you :)

Solution
The AiO Tach will be fine when installed on the CPU_FAN header. My motherboard has both an AiO header and the CPU_FAN header, and I have tried running a Kraken x62 pump tach from both the AiO Header and the CPU fan header, and there was no difference in any way at all.

You can use a 4-pin PWM Y-splitter for the fans, so they run off 1 header
The AiO Tach will be fine when installed on the CPU_FAN header. My motherboard has both an AiO header and the CPU_FAN header, and I have tried running a Kraken x62 pump tach from both the AiO Header and the CPU fan header, and there was no difference in any way at all.

You can use a 4-pin PWM Y-splitter for the fans, so they run off 1 header

Solution
Jan 6, 2020
If you look in the manual, you'll see that there are 3 system fan connectors on the board and 2 CPU fan slots. The fans two fans can be plugged into the SYSFAN1 and SYSFAN2 and the pump header can be plugged into the CPUFAN1 slot at the top of the board to the left of the ram slots.
As seen if you click the text below.
Motherboard Diagram

mrdudu10

Reputable
Feb 12, 2016
If you look in the manual, you'll see that there are 3 system fan connectors on the board and 2 CPU fan slots. The fans two fans can be plugged into the SYSFAN1 and SYSFAN2 and the pump header can be plugged into the CPUFAN1 slot at the top of the board to the left of the ram slots.

So the CPU Fans on the cooler can be plugged into SYSfan headers? Will they still vary speed based on CPU temperature?

Reactions: Luke H./
Jan 6, 2020
Yes of course they will communicate with the board and will be told what speed to run at depending the the temp of the CPU. It's exactly how I have my X62 configured.

TRENDING THREADS