Installation of Drivers without Optical Drive

reyel

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016
Hi, basically, i just built my first gaming desktop and everything seems to be working. I installed Windows 7 Ultimate and I realised that the drivers aren't installed. I tried plugging in my Ethernet but since the LAN Driver isn't installed, it won't work. Since I don't have an optical drive, I tried to put the driver installation file on an external USB and put it on my desktop and my desktop BIOS can detect the USB but the desktop windows 7 can't detect the USB.

is there any other way to install drivers to my computer with my case

reyel

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016

----
How about if i buy an external hard drive and install the usb drivers + lan internet drivers and then plug it on the to computer tower, would this work too?

No as you already said that no usb storage devices will work. If you got a spare SATA drive then you could use that instead.

reyel

Commendable
Jul 14, 2016

sadly i don't. the store i bought it from would take it in and i think what they will do is put a temporary optical disc drive, then install the drivers (since i have a CD for my mother board) but i'd have to pay them $50 and i live kind of far.

If i buy an optical disc drive and put it on my cpu myself, i can install the drivers using my CD right