INSTALLATION OF NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2005 ON TWO COMPUTERS

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

I just installed this on my old 400 MHz computer to replace the 2002 version
I had previously installed on it and was wondering when the Norton Antivirus
license on my Dell 8300 expires in January if I could install it on there
too?

Ron
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

>"Chopperdad"

>I just installed this on my old 400 MHz computer to replace the 2002 version
>I had previously installed on it and was wondering when the Norton Antivirus
>license on my Dell 8300 expires in January if I could install it on there
>too?

If you have NAV Pro 2004 it will allow you to install it on two computers.



--
"When you argue with a fool be sure he is not similarly occupied."

See how the pros get their power!
http://www.powrwrap.com/press.htm
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

> powrwrap@aol.compost

>>"Chopperdad"
>
>>I just installed this on my old 400 MHz computer to replace the 2002 version
>>I had previously installed on it and was wondering when the Norton Antivirus
>>license on my Dell 8300 expires in January if I could install it on there
>>too?

>If you have NAV Pro 2004 it will allow you to install it on two computers.

Arrghh! I assume that NAV PRO 2005 will also allow you to install on two
computers.


--
"When you argue with a fool be sure he is not similarly occupied."

See how the pros get their power!
http://www.powrwrap.com/press.htm
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

If you bought the single license version (the one that retails for
$49.95), legally it can only be installed on one computer. However, I
do not believe that Norton's product activation is as sophisticated as
Microsoft's. I have heard (but have not confirmed this) that you can
install it upto 5 times (but no telephone activation if you run out of
the 5 by moving from one machine to another).

On 23 Oct 2004 19:44:31 GMT, powrwrap@aol.compost (Alan S. Wales)
wrote:

>> powrwrap@aol.compost
>
>>>"Chopperdad"
>>
>>>I just installed this on my old 400 MHz computer to replace the 2002 version
>>>I had previously installed on it and was wondering when the Norton Antivirus
>>>license on my Dell 8300 expires in January if I could install it on there
>>>too?
>
>>If you have NAV Pro 2004 it will allow you to install it on two computers.
>
>Arrghh! I assume that NAV PRO 2005 will also allow you to install on two
>computers.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

I have installed NAV 2005, that I bought over the internet, on my desktop
and my laptop, with no problems whatsoever.


"Alan S. Wales" <powrwrap@aol.compost> wrote in message
news:20041023154431.22420.00001147@mb-m06.aol.com...
>> powrwrap@aol.compost
>
>>>"Chopperdad"
>>
>>>I just installed this on my old 400 MHz computer to replace the 2002
>>>version
>>>I had previously installed on it and was wondering when the Norton
>>>Antivirus
>>>license on my Dell 8300 expires in January if I could install it on there
>>>too?
>
>>If you have NAV Pro 2004 it will allow you to install it on two computers.
>
> Arrghh! I assume that NAV PRO 2005 will also allow you to install on two
> computers.
>
>
> --
> "When you argue with a fool be sure he is not similarly occupied."
>
> See how the pros get their power!
> http://www.powrwrap.com/press.htm
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Ron;
Read the specific EULA for the product you bought.

--
Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/


"Chopperdad" <scotty@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:k7yed.190946$as2.72228@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
>I just installed this on my old 400 MHz computer to replace the 2002
>version
> I had previously installed on it and was wondering when the Norton
> Antivirus
> license on my Dell 8300 expires in January if I could install it on
> there
> too?
>
> Ron
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

I installed it already on my Gateway. What I had asked was can I also
install it on my Dell in January when my free period with Norton Antivirus
2003 expires?

"guess" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message news:1098562870.972186@news...
> I have installed NAV 2005, that I bought over the internet, on my desktop
> and my laptop, with no problems whatsoever.
>
>
> "Alan S. Wales" <powrwrap@aol.compost> wrote in message
> news:20041023154431.22420.00001147@mb-m06.aol.com...
> >> powrwrap@aol.compost
> >
> >>>"Chopperdad"
> >>
> >>>I just installed this on my old 400 MHz computer to replace the 2002
> >>>version
> >>>I had previously installed on it and was wondering when the Norton
> >>>Antivirus
> >>>license on my Dell 8300 expires in January if I could install it on
there
> >>>too?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Are you asking is it physically possible or if it is legal?

It is unlikely that it is legal.

Tom
"Chopperdad" <scotty@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:GGpfd.109470$yp.30308@bignews1.bellsouth.net...
>I installed it already on my Gateway. What I had asked was can I also
> install it on my Dell in January when my free period with Norton Antivirus
> 2003 expires?
>
> "guess" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message news:1098562870.972186@news...
>> I have installed NAV 2005, that I bought over the internet, on my desktop
>> and my laptop, with no problems whatsoever.
>>
>>
>> "Alan S. Wales" <powrwrap@aol.compost> wrote in message
>> news:20041023154431.22420.00001147@mb-m06.aol.com...
>> >> powrwrap@aol.compost
>> >
>> >>>"Chopperdad"
>> >>
>> >>>I just installed this on my old 400 MHz computer to replace the 2002
>> >>>version
>> >>>I had previously installed on it and was wondering when the Norton
>> >>>Antivirus
>> >>>license on my Dell 8300 expires in January if I could install it on
> there
>> >>>too?
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Nope. The regular edition of Norton Antivirus is licensed for one computer
only. (The Professional version comes with two licenses.) You can install it
on the Dell but only if you remove it from the Gateway.
--
Ted Zieglar


"Chopperdad" <scotty@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:GGpfd.109470$yp.30308@bignews1.bellsouth.net...
> I installed it already on my Gateway. What I had asked was can I also
> install it on my Dell in January when my free period with Norton Antivirus
> 2003 expires?
>
> "guess" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message news:1098562870.972186@news...
> > I have installed NAV 2005, that I bought over the internet, on my
desktop
> > and my laptop, with no problems whatsoever.
> >
> >
> > "Alan S. Wales" <powrwrap@aol.compost> wrote in message
> > news:20041023154431.22420.00001147@mb-m06.aol.com...
> > >> powrwrap@aol.compost
> > >
> > >>>"Chopperdad"
> > >>
> > >>>I just installed this on my old 400 MHz computer to replace the 2002
> > >>>version
> > >>>I had previously installed on it and was wondering when the Norton
> > >>>Antivirus
> > >>>license on my Dell 8300 expires in January if I could install it on
> there
> > >>>too?
>
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

> "Tom Scales"

>Are you asking is it physically possible or if it is legal?
>
>It is unlikely that it is legal.

If it is the "Professional" version it is legal to be installed on two
computers.

I learned that when installing a newer version of NAV you must uninstall your
previous version, delete all files related to Symantec (including hidden files)
and delete the references to it in the registry. Otherwise you get error
messages every time you boot up your computer and the program doesn't work.

--
"When you argue with a fool be sure he is not similarly occupied."

See how the pros get their power!
http://www.powrwrap.com/press.htm
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

That's what I thought too, but by January I may go with the Professional one
only because the Spam blocking, and spyware protection is included on it and
not the regular version.

"Ted Zieglar" <teddyz@notmail.com> wrote in message
news:417e7ec4$1_2@nnrp1.news.uk.psi.net...
> Nope. The regular edition of Norton Antivirus is licensed for one computer
> only. (The Professional version comes with two licenses.) You can install
it
> on the Dell but only if you remove it from the Gateway.
> --
> Ted Zieglar
>
>
> "Chopperdad" <scotty@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> news:GGpfd.109470$yp.30308@bignews1.bellsouth.net...
> > I installed it already on my Gateway. What I had asked was can I also
> > install it on my Dell in January when my free period with Norton
Antivirus
> > 2003 expires?
> >
> > "guess" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message news:1098562870.972186@news...
> > > I have installed NAV 2005, that I bought over the internet, on my
> desktop
> > > and my laptop, with no problems whatsoever.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

As far as I can tell, Symantec has not issues a Norton Anti-Virus
Professional 2005. Does anyone have any contrary information?

Jerry


On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 19:05:45 -0400, "Chopperdad"
<scotty@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>That's what I thought too, but by January I may go with the Professional one
>only because the Spam blocking, and spyware protection is included on it and
>not the regular version.
>
>"Ted Zieglar" <teddyz@notmail.com> wrote in message
>news:417e7ec4$1_2@nnrp1.news.uk.psi.net...
>> Nope. The regular edition of Norton Antivirus is licensed for one computer
>> only. (The Professional version comes with two licenses.) You can install
>it
>> on the Dell but only if you remove it from the Gateway.
>> --
>> Ted Zieglar
>>
>>
>> "Chopperdad" <scotty@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> news:GGpfd.109470$yp.30308@bignews1.bellsouth.net...
>> > I installed it already on my Gateway. What I had asked was can I also
>> > install it on my Dell in January when my free period with Norton
>Antivirus
>> > 2003 expires?
>> >
>> > "guess" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message news:1098562870.972186@news...
>> > > I have installed NAV 2005, that I bought over the internet, on my
>> desktop
>> > > and my laptop, with no problems whatsoever.
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:
> Nope. The regular edition of Norton Antivirus is licensed
> for one computer only. [..............] You can install it
> on the Dell but only if you remove it from the Gateway.


How does Symantec know if the AV was removed
from the Gateway in order to OK the Dell activation?

Here is a similar problem:
I have several archived versions of WinXP that I
keep on 3 hard drives in my one PC. Each OS must
be available to boot and to access the Internet in the
event that the hard drive containing the running OS
crashes. Obviously, each installed AV is an exact clone
of all the others, and since they all run on the same machine,
they all have the same hardware profiles (in the event
that Symantec keeps track of that like Microsoft does).
So how would I go about renewing a subscription to the
original AV and Personal Firewall and have it apply to
all the versions of the OS running in that machine?

*TimDaniels*
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 20:24:54 -0400, Jerome M. Katz
<jerrymkatz@NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:

>As far as I can tell, Symantec has not issues a Norton Anti-Virus
>Professional 2005. Does anyone have any contrary information?
>
I believe you're correct about there being no such thing as a Professional
version of NAV 2005, as there was for NAV 2004.

I have seen two versions of NAV 2005: One version gives you a license to
install on one computer and the other version gives you licenses for three
computers. The "three-pack" costs about twice what the single user version
costs at Best Buy.
--
<<<SgtRich>>>

Desktop: Dell Dimension XPS T550
Notebook: Dell Inspiron 8600
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on both
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"SgtRich" <UseNewsgroup@NotEmail.invalid> wrote in message
news:1bako0lmicrrl57tkiscq2gt68f5ja64cs@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 20:24:54 -0400, Jerome M. Katz
> <jerrymkatz@NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >As far as I can tell, Symantec has not issues a Norton Anti-Virus
> >Professional 2005. Does anyone have any contrary information?
> >
> I believe you're correct about there being no such thing as a Professional
> version of NAV 2005, as there was for NAV 2004.
>
> I have seen two versions of NAV 2005: One version gives you a license to
> install on one computer and the other version gives you licenses for three
> computers. The "three-pack" costs about twice what the single user version
> costs at Best Buy.


Ayup, as far as I know there's not Pro 2005.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY