Question Installation problem Windows 10 Amd Tr 2950x , rog zenith extreme alpha, samsung 970 pro and rog 2080 ti

May 27, 2019
I just bought the following components and put everythings together,

rog zenith extreme alpha
Amd Theadripper 2950x
ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti OC edition 11GB GDDR6
corsair dominator 3200 16gb
Samsung SSD 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB
nzxt x62

I tried to install windows 10 pro on my computer using a usb boot drive. When I try to start windows the blue screen with ":( " was shown, my cpu temperature rose to ~65 degrees according to the little screen on the motherboard.

After searching for solution the whole day I found https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=309637.0 , the solution was to upgrade Wireless-AC 9260 device and install the windows again. After that I was abddddle to start windows 10 and use it for a while but whenever I click anything the cpu temperature increases by ~10 degree C. The computer shutdown when I was installing Matlab and now the windows is not working again. I set several recovery points but it didn't work. I then updated bios and disable iommu, but still didn't work.

Please help
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Unsure, but let's see what we can uncover while waiting for others to chime in.

As far as I can tell the motherboard is compatible with the CPU out of the box (no BIOS update required for it to run). I couldn't quite find out whether the RAM is on the QVL for RAM though. Do you know the model number/code of the RAM you have? (It's possible the QVL is out of date, but if it's on there it eliminates a possible issue.)

And as I understand it the installation of a Threadripper CPU is a bit different with the socket, requiring a torque wrench; plus the cooler as well. Have you checked whether the CPU installation and cooler installation are secure? I wonder because of the apparent high temperature you mention.

The only other thing, unsure if it would be relevant in this case, is to try and clear CMOS to reset BIOS to default settings.

The thread you linked mentions a particular blue screen message. Just to confirm: do you get the BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER it mentions?

EDIT: came across this when checking for the blue screen message the link mentions:
https://www.solvusoft.com/en/errors...ng-system/bug-check-0x7c-bugcode-ndis-driver/

May 27, 2019
Unsure, but let's see what we can uncover while waiting for others to chime in.

As far as I can tell the motherboard is compatible with the CPU out of the box (no BIOS update required for it to run). I couldn't quite find out whether the RAM is on the QVL for RAM though. Do you know the model number/code of the RAM you have? (It's possible the QVL is out of date, but if it's on there it eliminates a possible issue.)

And as I understand it the installation of a Threadripper CPU is a bit different with the socket, requiring a torque wrench; plus the cooler as well. Have you checked whether the CPU installation and cooler installation are secure? I wonder because of the apparent high temperature you mention.

The only other thing, unsure if it would be relevant in this case, is to try and clear CMOS to reset BIOS to default settings.

The thread you linked mentions a particular blue screen message. Just to confirm: do you get the BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER it mentions?

EDIT: came across this when checking for the blue screen message the link mentions:
https://www.solvusoft.com/en/errors...ng-system/bug-check-0x7c-bugcode-ndis-driver/

I just cleared CMOS, disabled iommu and installed the windows(with Wireless-AC 9260 driver update) again. After the windows was installed, I immediately update each drivers and problems seems to be solved. There are still temperature spike but the no more blue screen was shown so far. Thanks for the reply :D.