installation problem with new pc

adamchagg

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
I have a new pc and i just build it and i didnt have a operating system but i had a vista trial cd soo i installed that so i can check the pc out before i get win 7

but vista installed half way and the power went out and when the pc went back on it says:Title of message (install Windows)....the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error.widows installation cannot proceed. to install windows,click''OK'' to restart the computer,and then restart installation)

and the process kept repeating all the time so there is nothing i can do

so i bough windows 7 (OEM) meaning i need a blank hard drive for that

and thats the problem vista is installed on my hard drive half way and i cant install fully.

is there anyway i can clear my hard drive in bios or something because if i cant then i will have to buy a new hard drive

ldewitt

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2013

BEFORE I READ YOUR FIRST POST NEVER EVER DO THAT TO A HARD DRIVE OR ANYTHING PC RELATED.

Ok, now on to your question. When you pop windows 7 in to install it, when you get to the part to pick a hard drive you should be able to delete and format the hard drive right from the installation disc before you install windows 7 to the hard drive.

Where you do this looks like this:
reinstallwin7-5.jpg

Just select what evers in this box click delete on all of them so it comes up with disk # unallocated space. then from there you can click "new" and create another partition then click next and voila your installing windows 7!

ldewitt

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2013
Its not necessarily F8 could be esc, F12, or even F10. And it might not be as obvious as "boot from dvd/cd" Might be boot from "TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653J ATA Device" Like mine is. Im not saying yours will display the same as mine either.

Adamw0611

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2012
you need to install the network drivers, usually they come on the motherboard CD, but if you have another PC you can go to the motherboard companies website and get them, then use a disc or usb drive to copy them over

ldewitt

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2013

+1 best way to find drivers is to go straight to the manufacturers website. If your not sure what your motherboard is, and its a Name brand computer just go to the manufacturer of the computer you haves website and search your model. An example: My work PC is a Dell Optiplex 380, so i would go to www.dell.com goto there support page and search for my model "Optiplex 380".

adamchagg

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
i am rly sry but i have another problem
i used my pc for a day now without having the case flly assembled now i assembled it and my pc froze and i disassebled and checked if i didnt move any wires and i think all of them r in so i swiched my pc off and tryed turning it bk on
and it freezes on the starting screen