Installation

homer

Hi,
I am tring to install win2k pro to a new hard drive with a
new controller card. I used western digitals tool to
format a 250gb drive. When i rebooted with the win2k
installation disk i received an error like the following:
Disk IO ERROR: status =00000100
Any ideas???
Thanks for any assistance,
Homer

Have you pressed F6 at the start of setup to enable you to present a driver
disk to Windows Setup?

Oli

"Homer" <popehomer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am tring to install win2k pro to a new hard drive with a
> new controller card. I used western digitals tool to
> format a 250gb drive. When i rebooted with the win2k
> installation disk i received an error like the following:
> Disk IO ERROR: status =00000100
> Any ideas???
> Thanks for any assistance,
> Homer

homer

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did use the driver diskette during setup. When it prompted me for the win 2k disk I received the error described.
Thanks,
Homer

----- Oli Restorick [MVP] wrote: -----

Have you pressed F6 at the start of setup to enable you to present a driver
disk to Windows Setup?

Oli

"Homer" <popehomer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I am tring to install win2k pro to a new hard drive with a
> new controller card. I used western digitals tool to
> format a 250gb drive. When i rebooted with the win2k
> installation disk i received an error like the following:
> Disk IO ERROR: status =00000100
> Any ideas???
> Thanks for any assistance,
> Homer

I'm having difficulty finding any info on this error message. I'll keep
digging, but in the meantime, it would be great to know the make and model
of the controller card.

Thanks

Oli

"Homer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the reply. Yes I did use the driver diskette during setup.
> When it prompted me for the win 2k disk I received the error described.
> Thanks,
> Homer
>
> ----- Oli Restorick [MVP] wrote: -----
>
> Have you pressed F6 at the start of setup to enable you to present a
> driver
> disk to Windows Setup?
>
> Oli
>

> "Homer" <popehomer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I am tring to install win2k pro to a new hard drive with a
> > new controller card. I used western digitals tool to
> > format a 250gb drive. When i rebooted with the win2k
> > installation disk i received an error like the following:
> > Disk IO ERROR: status =00000100
> > Any ideas???
> > Thanks for any assistance,
> > Homer

And just to clarify, this is happening from setup when booted from CD and
happens one reboot after text-mode setup has completed. The error message
appears on a blue screen. Any other info on the blue screen?

Is this a retail or OEM Windows CD? Are you wiping the disk clean when you
do the partitioning, or leaving partitions on there? Does setup see the
correct disk capacity? Are you using the latest OEM driver downloaded from
the controller vendor's web site?

Just trying to get all the details so I can try to get an answer for you, at
least to clarify what the error message actually means.

Cheers