Question Installed 2nd M.2 NVME won’t booting on Asus x570 plus

Jan 10, 2023
I have an Asus tuff gaming x570-plus motherboard
My current M.2 runs windows fine with no other drives plugged in.
(XPG GAMMIX 1TB S11 Pro 3D NAND PCIe NVMe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 ssd)

I’m trying to install a secondary
M.2
(Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe Gen4 3D NAND NVMe M.2 Gaming SSD)

When I install the new m.2 my computer won’t boot. My bios recognizes both drives and I’ve selected the gammix drive as my primary boot drive but windows won’t boot.
I’ve tried updating to the latest bios and I’m having no luck.

I got the crucial drive from the recommended compatible drives on Asus website so I’m pretty sure it’s not a compatibility issue. Please help

is the Boot Device LED on (BOOT (YELLOW GREEN) ) on the motherboard? Then you probably didn´t set the boot order right. ASUS usually has two settings you will have to set right in order to boot from the correct drive.
1st the boot order of all devices that could boot (USB, network, drives,..)
2nd which drive boots first

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2023
is the Boot Device LED on (BOOT (YELLOW GREEN) ) on the motherboard? Then you probably didn´t set the boot order right. ASUS usually has two settings you will have to set right in order to boot from the correct drive.
1st the boot order of all devices that could boot (USB, network, drives,..)
2nd which drive boots first
The boot LED only comes on for a quick second. Just like a normal boot. But then keeps restarting in a cycle. It never makes it to the log in screen with the second m.2 drive plugged in. The boot order is just set to the primary (original) gammix m.2 drive. I’ve unplugged all other drives.

TRENDING THREADS