Installed 5850, now Windows 7 won't sleep

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
Hey guys. Yesterday I installed my new radeon 5850 without a hitch and installed the drivers and catalyst control center. After the installation, my Windows 7 64-bit won't sleep. When I click sleep, it shuts the monitor off like it is going to sleep, then it pops it back on onto the log on screen and says the computer is locked by my username. I already tried disabling the Catalyst control center from starting on startup but the problem persists. I used the latest drivers from the Ati website.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

madmax808

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
I ran into this problem, too, except with my 9500gt. Under Device Manager, you should disable "allow this device to wake up the computer" [or something along those lines] under you NIC(s). Why this has been an issue, I don't know.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
Well, I ran the command powercfg -ENERGY which is a diagnostic to see what is interfering with Windows' attempts to sleep. This is what I got in return...

Platform Power Management Capabilities: PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled
PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Driver issue? Hardware problem? I'm not really sure how to solve this and with the 5850 being so new there isn't any info out about it at this time.