[SOLVED] Installed a new CPU, now some applications are crashing after an hour of being open

Oct 4, 2019
I upgraded my i5 7500 to a i7 7700k today, didn't run into any issues and stress testing it was fine. However I then launched into Destiny 2 and around 1 hour in the game froze and after a few seconds closed. All my drivers and windows 10 are up to date.

My specs are
i7 7700k
EVGA GTX 1080TI
Corsair Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 RAM
Asus Strix 270-E
Western Digital 500GB M.2 SSD

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Solution
I upgraded my i5 7500 to a i7 7700k today, didn't run into any issues and stress testing it was fine. However I then launched into Destiny 2 and around 1 hour in the game froze and after a few seconds closed. All my drivers and windows 10 are up to date.

My specs are
i7 7700k
EVGA GTX 1080TI
Asus Strix 270-E

double check your core temps, it may have done okay during stress testing however not everyone plays games with the exact same settings that bench test tools use. you could have adjusted some settings that they don't use. if your temps are doing fine i would double check your bios is fully up to date. if it is did...

My specs are
i7 7700k
EVGA GTX 1080TI
Asus Strix 270-E

double check your core temps, it may have done okay during stress testing however not everyone plays games with the exact same settings that bench test tools use. you could have adjusted some settings that they don't use. if your temps are doing fine i would double check your bios is fully up to date. if it is did you clear you bios history before installing the new cpu. i have had issues with this before where i didn't clear the bios when installing the new cpu and it was fighting to register the new cpu correctly. after resetting the bios though i didn't have any problems

Solution
Oct 4, 2019
double check your core temps, it may have done okay during stress testing however not everyone plays games with the exact same settings that bench test tools use. you could have adjusted some settings that they don't use. if your temps are doing fine i would double check your bios is fully up to date. if it is did you clear you bios history before installing the new cpu. i have had issues with this before where i didn't clear the bios when installing the new cpu and it was fighting to register the new cpu correctly. after resetting the bios though i didn't have any problems
I've checked and my bios wasn't on the most recent update, I've updated it and I will see how it performs for the rest of the day. I cleared my bios history when I put the CPU in so hopefully there'll be no more issues