Installed a new gpu and it's not working

TrueNJ

Commendable
Jan 13, 2017
I installed a Gtx 1060 and the computer did not recognize it. Last time that happened i just downloaded geforce experience using integrated graphics and it worked. This time however the integrated graphics is stuck on 640x480 and the colors suck. Because of this it's impossible to install geforce experience. Also before booting into windows the info and stuff are shown on the screen connected to the gtx 1060 but it switches to the integrated graphics one after booting into windows. What can i do?

Pkai92

Respectable
Oct 20, 2016
Go to BIOS and change the primary adapter. If you had an old GPU before upgrading to Gtx 1060, please make sure that you uninstall the old drivers. Download DDU for that. After you complete the steps, go to Nvidia's website and download the latest driver and install it.

TrueNJ

Commendable
Jan 13, 2017
I didn't find the option in bios. Probably because i have a dell mobo. But this time on boot the bios were shown on both screens which didn't happen before

TrueNJ

Commendable
Jan 13, 2017
Also in device manager it shows 2 gpus. Intel integrated and a vga card(sorry don't know how to translate it better) and it seems that the scren is using the vga card. Intel grapjics also has a yellow warning thing on it

I would disconnect the integrated graphics from the other monitor. Do the complete installation process with ONE monitor and the 1060 as the ONE videocard. After it is successfully installed then you can tinker with using the integrated graphics with a second monitor, although I have no idea why you would do that.

TRENDING THREADS