[SOLVED] Installed a new Gpu and the pc won’t turn on

Jan 19, 2019
So I just installed a new GPU into my pc. It’s a MSI 1070 ti Duke into a Z97-A mobo. My computer won’t even turn on now. I tried replacing the new GPU with the old one and it turned on. It is fully connected to power and the pcie is compatible and also fully plugged into. Does that mean the GPU I got is a bad one. I got it I used from amazon.

Solution
If your system works with one GPU, and not that one, and you have plenty of power supply (which you do) I'd vote busted used gpu
Jan 19, 2019
MERGED QUESTION
Question from joshwhiting326 : "Pc won’t turn on after installing a new GPU"

So I have just installed a new msi 1070 ti duke into my pc. I have a 1000 w psu. My pc now won’t turn on if I have the 6+2 vga power cable plugged into the gpu. But if I have the 6 pin plugged in( which I need both to work) it turns on but with no signal to the monitor. I have seen this problem before on other forums and most solutions are getting a more powerful psu, but my psu is 1000 w and more than capable. I don’t know if any solution to this problem and it has really been bugging me.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
As noted earlier, this sounds like a defective GPU. I would suggest you RMA the GPU with MSI. They should repair or replace the device. Or, you can go through the return process with Amazon. Your call.

Last, don't start another thread on this topic. Four [strike]Three[/strike] is three [strike]two[/strike] too many. Thanks.

USAFRet

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from joshwhiting326 : "Pc won’t turn on after installing a new GPU"

TRENDING THREADS