Question Installed a new psu and now my pc isnt turning on

Aug 3, 2019
Installed a new psu that I got from Amazon - EVGA 600w 80 plus certified power supply, and my PC is not turning on. Is it the psu that's faulty or the cables? Personally, I think it's the psu unless I messed up my motherboard during the installation which is highly unlikely. I would like to provide a pic of the cables/PC but I don't think it let's me in this website. Let me know why you guys think. Maybe it was a dodgy seller from Amazon?

Edit: Link to picture of it View: https://imgur.com/a/bzgUkZW

Feel free to ask for more pictures or videos for specific details that will help you help me fix this shit

Last edited:

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Try checking both the 4 (or 8) pin CPU connector to the board, and the 24-pin ATX connector.

Ridiculous as it sounds, when I replaced my PSU, the system seemed dead, yet everything was connected.

Turns out my 24-pin connector was almost, but not quite, 100% seated. Pushed down on it slightly, and then everything was fine. It was kind of embarrassing for me.

EDIT: if it's the EVGA White (or even the EVGA Black), they're sort of "meh" power supplies. If you can return it and get a Seasonic FOCUS, or a Corsair HX, AX, or RMx, I would suggest doing so.

Aug 3, 2019
You'd need to use a hosting site like Imgur show pictures.

As for the PSU, have you checked you've turned it on?
Yes, flipped the switch at the back of the power supplie. Re-plugged the cables, re-installed the cpu and it still didn't work. Later on tonight or tomorrow I will try my old psu. I will keep you guys updated.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019
Try checking both the 4 (or 8) pin CPU connector to the board, and the 24-pin ATX connector.

Ridiculous as it sounds, when I replaced my PSU, the system seemed dead, yet everything was connected.

Turns out my 24-pin connector was almost, but not quite, 100% seated. Pushed down on it slightly, and then everything was fine. It was kind of embarrassing for me.

EDIT: if it's the EVGA White (or even the EVGA Black), they're sort of "meh" power supplies. If you can return it and get a Seasonic FOCUS, or a Corsair HX, AX, or RMx, I would suggest doing so.
Yea, 4-8 pin is connected. At first I noticed the 24 pin wasn't fully in then I re-done it and made sure it was fully in. Went to turn it on thinking I've finally fixed it then nope it didn't turn on. Its silver on the box, I'm thinking of returning after I check if the old psu will turn it on (doing it tomorrow or tonight)

Aug 3, 2019

Installed a new psu that I got from Amazon - EVGA 600w 80 plus certified power supply, and my PC is not turning on. Is it the psu that's faulty or the cables? Personally, I think it's the psu unless I messed up my motherboard during the installation which is highly unlikely. I would like to provide a pic of the cables/PC but I don't think it let's me in this website. Let me know why you guys think. Maybe it was a dodgy seller from Amazon?
You'd need to use a hosting site like Imgur show pictures.

As for the PSU, have you checked you've turned it on?
View: https://imgur.com/a/bzgUkZW