Question Installed a new ssd without windows on my new LG gram 16" 2021

LowTier

Reputable
Dec 1, 2019
I'm pretty confused on what to do right now. Doing a clean install on a laptop is risky because I may not be able to get all the drivers needed. Cloning isn't the best option for ssd performance. not sure what to do. I started my laptop because I thought I would have the digital entitlement for windows. Then turned it off and replaced the ssd. How do I get the windows preinstall back on my new ssd?

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Digital entitlement yes, as in activation. You still need the actual install media. Use Microsoft media creation install to setup usb stick on another comp or return your previous drive to do so if need to. Then boot from it and install Windows. Also visit manufacturer's website to download drivers. All you need is network driver so you can download the rest, that's if Windows doesn't already install itself.

LowTier

Reputable
Dec 1, 2019
Digital entitlement yes, as in activation. You still need the actual install media. Use Microsoft media creation install to setup usb stick on another comp or return your previous drive to do so if need to. Then boot from it and install Windows. Also visit manufacturer's website to download drivers. All you need is network driver so you can download the rest, that's if Windows doesn't already install itself.
Are these the needed drivers? https://www.lg.com/us/support/softw...AAB8U1&category=CT00000317&subcategory=OTHERS

LowTier

Reputable
Dec 1, 2019
Would cloning be a better option? I just recieved the laptop so there arent any old files and software.