Question Installed AIO Liquid Cooler - Now FPS Changing Rapidl

May 29, 2020
Hi all. I’m an infant newborn in the world of PC knowledge and gaming so please be patient with me.

I recently installed a Corsair H60 liquid cooler on my CPU. The results are fairly noticeable and my CPU is at a consistent 63 degrees, with my GPU at staying roughly at 71 degrees. This was while playing Shadow of Tomb Raider and COD warzone with FPS settings turned up.

The thing that concerns me is while playing, I notice my FPS meter (CODs in game reading) is quickly moving all over the place. It stays in the 120-150 range, however that number never stays the same longer than a second. For example, it’s very hard to keep track of it, but it will quickly jump from 144 FPS, to 122 FPS, to 140 FPS, and continue changing indefinitely. This occurs all in a second or less. I felt that was odd and I don’t think it’s something I noticed before installing the cooler. Pure coincidence maybe? I tried checking other trouble shoots for this problem, but the only thing I’ve found is when individuals FPS drops drastically and causes sputtering. This isn’t the case. Could this possibly be related to the liquid cooler Can anyone shed some light on this? I provided some readings from my PC vitals using MSI afterburner. Thanks all in advance for helping a noob!

HP Omen Obelisk (875-0084)
MB: Edoras Micro ATX LGA 1151 socket
CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6 Ghz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
16 GB RAM
PSU: 750 W

https://postimg.cc/jwDTtSWC

TRENDING THREADS