Question Installed an additional 8GB (2400MHz) of RAM = Games crashing

Aug 4, 2019
I have an A320m S2h mobo compatible up to 3200MHz OC and currently have 8gb DDR4 2400mhz + another 8gb DDR4 2400Mhz (same serial, manufacturer etc.) in a total of 16gb. Did I do something wrong? If so, what do i need to do to rectify?

cpuz: https://valid.x86.fr/gm4x6h

Even exact same modules purchased separately can cause issues - it's not a common thing, but it can happen sometimes. Try testing only the new RAM, remove the older one, see if the game still crashes. Do the same for the the old module. If the game still crashes with only a single module, there might be some other problem. If the game works fine when a single module is used, the two sticks are not working well with each other, and I would recommend getting the newer module replaced.

Aug 4, 2019
Even exact same modules purchased separately can cause issues - it's not a common thing, but it can happen sometimes. Try testing only the new RAM, remove the older one, see if the game still crashes. Do the same for the the old module. If the game still crashes with only a single module, there might be some other problem. If the game works fine when a single module is used, the two sticks are not working well with each other, and I would recommend getting the newer module replaced.
Did what you said. Using the new one in single have crashing issues. Tested playing Dota 2, MHW etc. I'll have this replaced since i just got it this day. Thanks.

Anyways, installing a new RAM is just plug n play, right? Or i have to tweak something in the Bios?

Did what you said. Using the new one in single have crashing issues. Tested playing Dota 2, MHW etc. I'll have this replaced since i just got it this day. Thanks.

Anyways, installing a new RAM is just plug n play, right? Or i have to tweak something in the Bios?
There's nothing to tweak in the BIOS unless you are having issues(other than it being a defective stick of course).