Question Installed an AIO... having problems now that I’ve reconnected everything! Pls help!

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
Hey everyone! I had installed an aio a long time ago and had this problem ever since, but just was lazy to fix it. However, I want to get back in to PC gaming so I need it to be fixed. I get no signal on my monitor when powering up the PC. Also, no rgb is on my keyboard and mouse. However, I do have my case fans spinning with rgb, as well as my aio is on. I do hear some drops of water inside of my aio, not sure if that’s normal or not... but it’s not dripping in to the case or anything like that. My gpu fans don’t spin up on startup, but I don’t think they do anyways. Pls lend me any info or tips or help you have! Thank you
specs:
i5 7500
Gtx 1060 6gb
Corsair cx650m (psu)
Cooler master master liquid ml240l rgb aio
16 gb ripjaws ram (4 sticks)
Asus b250m-a mobo

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
Originally did you use a screw driver to tighten the pump head ?
1 possiblity it could have been too tight.
Clean both and apply paste
On assembly hand tighten as even as possible.
I just undid everything and hand tightened. Still have no signal on monitor or peripherals. Fans and rgb are on though. I tried without my gpu and cleaned my ram sticks. Still nothing

When you installed orginally did you remove the cpu from the socket?

I should have also suggested inspecting cpu for bent pins before the reassembly (sorry).

I had a fx 8350 and a corsair h100i v2 i had to do 3 x before it would boot it didn't like the pressure on the cpu.

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
I don’t believe I took out What he cpu from the socket when I first installed the aio. You really think it could be the pins on the cpu? Is there anything else I can try before I. It’s take everything out again? All the lights and rgb is on, but my peripherals aren’t. Fans are spinning up as well. Just no signal :/

Would depend on how that is all set up on a intel, i run amd's.
2 of My coolers use the stock retention mounts. 1 is attached to the backplate.
So depends on how you have it set up vs the stock.
Does your case have the large cut out to get to the backplate?
If not it could involve some more work.

Ryan0710

Reputable
Jul 18, 2017
Totally up to you if you set it back to stock cooling to see if it was something with the cooler installation or something else is wrong if the are no bent pins on the cpu.
Stock cooler didn’t change anything. Still no signal on monitor or peripherals. Fans and rgb are on, so same thing with both the stock and aio. Could it be my psu? Or my ram? Idk what to do...