Question Installed and Confirmed 32GB of Ram. Bios / Windows only see's 16gb

Jul 21, 2020
Hi There!,

I have an Asus Z77 Pro - V Motherboard running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with 32gb of 8gb x4 Kingston HyperX Blu Memory. The issue as in Topic is my system does not want to read all 32GB of Ram for some odd reason. I have recently defaulted my Bios to factory during a weird issue I was having re-installing Windows 10. After fixing the issue "PC did not Post or was unable to get into Bios, or no response from keyboard or mouse etc..." I had performed the jumper change on the "CLRTC 3 pins to clear the BIOS back to factory. It clearly posts now and runs Windows 10 as I am using the PC to type this information. During that time with the issue prior to installing Windows 10, I had 16GB of physical 8gb and 8gb DIMM's in there. After installing software etc... I had noticed I forgot to put the remaining 16gb of ram back in. After shutting it down and starting it back up. It showed 16GB still in Windows 10. Checked Bios, and also says the same thing. I am almost 100% sure it is something to do with the BIOS and likely overlooked something in DRAM. Also while troubleshooting with other DDR3 DIMMS I have. When I put a stick of memory in A1 or A2 it reads them both fine. Tried B1 and B2 same thing. A1 and B2, and B2 and A1 etc... All work fine. So to help my trouble shooting process i tried a smaller stick of memory to make it more noticeable. I tried 8gb on A1 and then 4gb on A2. It shows 12gb's which is fine. Then I tried adding another 8gb stick to B1 and still 12gb's ? Got me thinking a bit. I tried 8gb on A1 and 8gb on A2 this time. It now shows 16gb. Put the 4gb stick on B1 with the previous two 8gb dimms in A1 and A2. Still 16gb. It seems that it will accept only 1 channel of memory at a time. Either A1 + A2 or B1+B2. Tried both ways with my trouble shooting and responded the same. My Bios is currently the newest version now which is "2104" Here is a link of the Diagram of the board to understand a bit more about the board / issue. https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Qualification-Asus-Z77-Motherboards-139/
Really Appreciate the helpful comments ahead of time!

Jul 21, 2020
Your keyboard has one (even two) large keys labeled 《Enter》. Lear to use it.

So, what is your question?

Like in my description, looking for a solution on how to correct this error "Have 32GB installed, Bios / Windows see's only 16GB" Also you have 2 eyeballs, and they even make glasses to help you see the text better ;) to reply to your "Your keyboard has one (even two) large keys labeled 《Enter》. Lear to use it." Also would recommend reviewing what you type and be sure your typo's etc are cleared before you hit <Enter> ;)