Question Installed exp gdc external gpu geforce 750ti on laptop toshiba r850 but i have problem

portman

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
Hi all, as i said in title i installed external gpu and all works fine, but i have problem laptop fan keeps runnig at full speed and wont slow down.. i have installed some tools to control fan speed but its not possbile as i saw bios dosent support fan control. so im asking is there any way to fix this?

Lutfij

Titan
Are you on the latest BIOS update for your laptop? On a side note, without the external GPU, does the fan speed get back to normal? I'm curious about your laptop, in case, you might've increased the distance between the IHS and the cooling assembly's contact surface/patch. Might want to shoot us some pics of your laptop in working mode.

portman

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
Are you on the latest BIOS update for your laptop? On a side note, without the external GPU, does the fan speed get back to normal? I'm curious about your laptop, in case, you might've increased the distance between the IHS and the cooling assembly's contact surface/patch. Might want to shoot us some pics of your laptop in working mode.
Hi Thanks for answer

Bios was on my mind first so i updated lastest version.. i think 4.2 is now. and yes when i disconnect exgpu fan backs in normal. i dont think it has anything with surface coz it works fine when i disconnect exgpu.. i will make a video now.

Last edited:

portman

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017

When external gpu is inserted:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0hzhGXUxVY

when i disconnect external gpu fan works normaly:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbP1bMBc1hU