Installed GPU last night, PC is now having problems?

Tom_Watson

Commendable
Apr 25, 2017
Hi Guys,

Just got an RX 570 on sale the other day and installed it last night. Booted up Rust and everything was working well, until this morning anyway. When I turned my PC on I wasn't able to get a display going, the keyboard/mouse was taking longer than usual to light up as well. Instead, I plugged the DVI cable straight into the Mobo and restarted but again it was a long boot up. I also had a laptop type windows??? Everything was way bigger than normal after it was plugged into the mobo. What went wrong here? The pc is basically new; built it 6 or 7 weeks back with: Ryzen 2400g, 8gb ram, Gigabyte B450m DS3H. I've tried to provide as much detail as possible and was wondering if anyone has had this experience before.

Tom_Watson

Commendable
Apr 25, 2017

The power supply is an aerocool rave 800w. Not the highest quality but came pre packaged with my case. By 'laptop type windows' I meant everything from the task bar to the login icons were enlarged; similar to what I see on my laptop. On my desktop, due to the bigger screen, I always had a smaller interface.

Tom_Watson

Commendable
Apr 25, 2017
Alright I just played around with it and I found out after I uninstalled the GPU I was able to get my PC back into the state it was again. The large icons were because it was in 720p for some reason, never even adjusted that before. So therefore the problem is due to me installing my GPU. I've done it correctly, is it just a faulty card? Definitely have enough capacity in my PSU (800W). So does anyone have any idea how to fix it?