Installed GTX 1060 6gb, now speakers only make a buzz/static sound

curse666

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
CPU Mobo:
Asrock P67 Pro3 SE
Previous graphics card: AMD Radeon 6800 series
New graphics card: GTX 1060

Old graphics card died a week ago, and I bought a new graphics card and put it in. It booted, I went ahead and installed all the graphics (and installed the audio driver too). I noticed that I had no sound coming from my speakers. (I don't remember if I had sound coming from my speakers before then, though I'm pretty sure there might have been).

I couldn't really figure it out, so I went through multiple cycles of uninstalling NVidia drivers, Realtek drivers, switching default device to Realtek. I did clean uninstalling with Display Driver Uninstaller, and went to my Mobo's support website for Realtek drivers. I've deleted the drivers AND disabled the Nvidia audio in device manager. Pressing test doesn't make any sound. I've tried fiddling around on Realtek Audio Manager, etc.

Somehow though, my speakers went from having NO sound coming out, to now a constant buzz. If i turn the volume down to 0, the buzz goes away, followed 1-2 seconds later by this soft high pitched whistle that lasts about 1-2 seconds coming from the speakers. The buzz goes away in safe mode. "Device is working properly" in device manager for Realtek.

Is there anything else I can do to try to fix this? Or should I resign that my on board sound card probably is fried?

Last Run your PC without any external devices. (monitor Keyboard mouse etc.) for 2-3 minutes. And plug every thing back and check