Installed Gtx 960 now monitors won't come on.

LaZj

Commendable
Mar 23, 2016
So I bought a brand new Gtx 960 2gb FTW edition from Bestbuy. I installed it and the graphics and everything was working fine.. After about 5-6 hours of me casually gaming I decided to download a game that I wanted to test up.. So I started the download and after a bit my monitors went into sleep mode. So I figured I could just move the mouse and it all come on.. I was wrong. I could not get my monitors to wake up. So I disconnected all from the computer and checked if it was all connected right and it was. So I manually held down the button and turned off the computer. I have seen many remedies, but I didn't want to do anything until people saw specific problem because I never saw where anyone's computer would actually turn on.

My current specs:

AMD A10 7800k (Previously just used on board graphics)

12gb ddr3 ram

2tb Hdd

Sentey 725watt power supply

Windows 8.1

Solution
Not sure what is going on here, you shut off the system, did you turn it back on and still no displays? Or did you just turn it off and are afraid to turn it on again? Are all power plugs in the card? Remove the new card, update the motherboard BIOS, test things again with the card.
Not sure what is going on here, you shut off the system, did you turn it back on and still no displays? Or did you just turn it off and are afraid to turn it on again? Are all power plugs in the card? Remove the new card, update the motherboard BIOS, test things again with the card.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS