[SOLVED] Installed keyboard language on laptop. Now its on the desktop computer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myronazz

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2016
Hello,

A friend had a strange occurance with the two computers. A keyboard language (Japanese) was installed on the laptop but we noticed that it somehow got installed on the desktop computer as well even though we didn't touch it. Microsoft accounts don't exist on either for there to be a synchronisation, so why?

It's not really an issue, but its weird how it happened.

Colif

Win 11 Master
So there is no email link or anything between both accounts? Anything to identify user as same person on the 2 computers?

Sync (as you guessed) only works for MSA. If you have a local account, it is not even an option.

I could perhaps understand it if they were both Chrome books as Google has its own sync.

Myronazz

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2016
Ah, sorry for my late response but I sort of forgot to update the thread.

It must of have been Windows 10 sync glitch. We had it off on the laptop, but it still somehow was getting the wallpaper from the Windows 10 Desktop. We knew that because when we switched the wallpaper on the desktop, it switched the same on on the laptop, even though it was off. Switching it on and back off on both computers did the trick.

So for anyone reading this in the future, you may want to try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.