[SOLVED] Installed lastest nvidia GeForce experience driver and bsod

mwhines5

Commendable
Jul 20, 2018
I bsof shortly after i installed the new GeForce nividia driver. I the bsod again so i clicked on express download to reinstall. I then bsod shortly after that, then about 10s later, then 3 secs later then the second i saw 'log into windows'. It then said a trouble with windows or something and put me into a windows recovery screen. I am now reinstalling windows.

I did a memory diognostic test before my pc just crashed after every 10s and it said that there is nothing wrong with my memory. Also, i downloaded the drivers, then blod 10m after, i then got a windows 10 pro 64bit key, so it updated windows then came back, then crashed.

Was it the driver? And will the reinstall help? If so, if i reinstall the drivers will it happen again!?

My specs:

R7 3700x
1060 6gb
16gb 3200mhz hyperx rgb predator
X470 aurus ultra gaming
600w evga 80+

Thanks for anyhelp.

Edit: pc ran into a problem while resetting. I will lesve it till you guys have suggestions.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
so did you reset or reinstall? they not exactly same thing

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. (it creates a bootable USB, so make on another PC)

mwhines5

Commendable
Jul 20, 2018
so did you reset or reinstall? they not exactly same thing

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. (it creates a bootable USB, so make on another PC)

Well I just launched up my PC again, and uninstalled the Nvidia drivers. I have had my pc up for 30mins straight now, with demanding applications open. No BSOD. I am going to reinstall the drivers now.