[SOLVED] Installed more RAM and PC not working properly.

ForestArmy

Prominent
Jun 13, 2020
I have just installed an extra 2x8gb of 3200 corsair ram, adding too my identical 2x8gb 3200 corsair ram so i now have 32gb of ram and have been running into a lot of problems. Firstly my PC cannot install windows 11 when it could before as it now doesn't have TPM, i have been getting multiple blue screens with different error messages. One being ndu.sys, another being driver_irql_not_less_or_equal another being ntoskrnl.exe. Sometimes it runs fine and sometimes it crashes so I'm not sure what is wrong, it is detecting that i have 32GB of ram and i have gone into my bios and changed my tpm from discrete to firmware, this says it is now compatible to install windows 11 but on my windows device security i only have security processor and not the others as it says 'standard hardware security not supported' when it didnt say this before and i could install windows 11 before installing the new identical RAM.

Solution
Yeah found out the old ones are 4.31 and the new ones are 4.32. I guess this could be causing the memory issues?
With different versions you mix different RAM. My experience is that 4.32 don't run very well with Ryzen. Mixing them with other versions and especially with 4 dimms it only makes it worse. If you want 32GB, get a 2x16GB kit.

4745454b

Titan
Are you sure they are identical?

When running 4 sticks you often can't run them as tight as two. I suggest double checking the values, speed and timings. Manually set them if you need to. You might need to back them off a setting or two, and/or up the voltage a bit to make 4 sticks run right.

ForestArmy

Prominent
Jun 13, 2020
Are you sure they are identical?

When running 4 sticks you often can't run them as tight as two. I suggest double checking the values, speed and timings. Manually set them if you need to. You might need to back them off a setting or two, and/or up the voltage a bit to make 4 sticks run right.

been playing on my pc and everything is running fine and i have the 32gb and the 3200 speed. The default TPM on my bios is discrete and it has always been discrete but i have had to change it to firmware TPM. It now has the specs for windows 11 so the only problems i can now notice is that firstly i still don't have the different device securities i use to have and only have security processor due to TPM and i don't actually have the windows 11 download and install option when i use to as it isn't 'ready for me yet' so something within my hardware or drivers must have changed somewhere?

just installed an extra 2x8gb of 3200 corsair ram, adding too my identical 2x8gb 3200 corsair ram
I doubt they are identical. What's the model and version number of each kit?
attachment.php