[SOLVED] Installed new aio and case swapped, but computer flashes and won’t boot

May 22, 2020
I finished my pc build and aio instillation and went to boot my computer, but nothing happens except for a spontaneous led flash while holding down power button. I know that the power supply is not the problem because I used a different one and got the same result. I also tried unplugging everything except the cpu power and motherboard power and got the same result. I have also tried without graphics card and it does not make a difference. Also front panel connectors are good.
System specs: evga 1080 gpu
i5 8700k cpu
2 sticks of 8gb corsair vengeance pro ram 3600mhz
EVGA 650w Bronze certified
CPU cooler Corsair H100i

Solution
Stand-off placement is really important and needs careful examination. See my post of Dec 12 in this thread

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...sult-in-a-lose-of-data.3670519/#post-22107308

In a situation like yours it is easy to miss seeing one pre-installed stand-off in the wrong place, so re-check.

Yes, you can remove your mobo from the case and place it on a clean dry surface. (Because some use a wooden board, this is often a version of "bread-boarding".) For initial testing, connect only the basics: CPU and cooler with fan connected, RAM, PSU, keyboard and mouse, video cable to monitor. If that can boot successfully even with no...
May 22, 2020
My motherboard is not touching the case at all and is seated on the standoffs. Do you think it would be a good idea to try to boot without the motherboard in the case? Maybe I could sit it on my desk or a cardboard box?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Stand-off placement is really important and needs careful examination. See my post of Dec 12 in this thread

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...sult-in-a-lose-of-data.3670519/#post-22107308

In a situation like yours it is easy to miss seeing one pre-installed stand-off in the wrong place, so re-check.

Yes, you can remove your mobo from the case and place it on a clean dry surface. (Because some use a wooden board, this is often a version of "bread-boarding".) For initial testing, connect only the basics: CPU and cooler with fan connected, RAM, PSU, keyboard and mouse, video cable to monitor. If that can boot successfully even with no storage device attached (but with an error for no boot device), then shut down and connect your HDD or SSD, then reboot. If that works you can go through a sequence of shutting down, adding other devices, and rebooting to check whether everything works outside the case.

If you do this, as your FIRST step in removing, look very closely at the match-up of mobo mounting holes with case stand-offs.

Solution