Question Installed new CPU and keyboard wont let me into BIOS. DRAM light flashing as well.

Jun 7, 2022
PC Specs.
CPU Ryzen 5 3600 -> Ryzen 7 5800x
GPU RTX3070
32 GB RAM 4x8gb
Rog Strix B550 f wifi
2tb m.2 nvme ssd
2x 256 gb ssd
1 4tb hard drive

My pc turns on. It gives me only the bios screen to login to with the f2 or DEL command. My keyboard wont work for some reason so i cant enter bios. My bios also hasnt been updated so i dont know if that could be the issue. My DRAM light is on as well as my boot light. Ive double checked the cpu that its installed correctly and placed the cpu cooler on correctly and not too tight. I reinstalled my ram just in case but i just read that i should only try to start with 1 stick to try and get it to boot (i'll try that next). Ive made sure everything is connected properly. I might take out my 4tb harddrive bc i dont use it anymore and idk if that could be causing any issues. I'm pretty new to the pc world but ive been trying to learn as much as i can. would love any advice.

PC Specs.
CPU Ryzen 5 3600 -> Ryzen 7 5800x
GPU RTX3070
32 GB RAM 4x8gb
Rog Strix B550 f wifi
2tb m.2 nvme ssd
2x 256 gb ssd
1 4tb hard drive

My pc turns on. It gives me only the bios screen to login to with the f2 or DEL command. My keyboard wont work for some reason so i cant enter bios. My bios also hasnt been updated so i dont know if that could be the issue. My DRAM light is on as well as my boot light. Ive double checked the cpu that its installed correctly and placed the cpu cooler on correctly and not too tight. I reinstalled my ram just in case but i just read that i should only try to start with 1 stick to try and get it to boot (i'll try that next). Ive made sure everything is connected properly. I might take out my 4tb harddrive bc i dont use it anymore and idk if that could be causing any issues. I'm pretty new to the pc world but ive been trying to learn as much as i can. would love any advice.
Use the Ryzen 5 3600, then follow this step by step in order (read till end) to optimize the system (and avoiding performance issues):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours since its ryzen 5 3600 you're using, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot, save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios (if you didnt yet), go to bios again and shut down the pc (by turning off psu, just dont boot to windows yet)

• then replace cpu, boot up and go to bios, re flash the latest bios again (after installing the new cpu), then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), enable XMP (also set RttNom to 7 (or 34ohm), RttWr to 3 (or 80ohm), and RttPark to 1~3 (or 240~80ohm) for stability using 4x8gb), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot. after that check in Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > AMD Chipset Software and see if its already ver 4.03.03 that's installed.

• Install the latest nvidia driver, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update). Don't forget to turn on Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (Nvidia GPUs only) in graphics settings and reboot.

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Jun 23, 2022
I had this issue when yesterday (22/3/22) when i had recently upgraded my pc.

Couldnt get into the bios but found out it was due to my Ram placement, i had them in A1-A2 and when i swapped it to A1 - B1 (slot 1&3) it allowed me into the bios.

I did however have an issue with my SSD not working so had to use a USB bootable installation of windows 10 to reinstall it after wiping the Harddrive using the CMD menu

Hopefully you managed to sort your issues out as it was quite some time ago you posted!