Installed new CPU and now my pc doesn't boot up

Somethingformal

Reputable
May 7, 2014
Hi, I've already asked this question a week ago but after a while I stopped getting replies. I'l post my problem again below but I have already tried a CMOS reset using both the jumpers and battery. I have tried inserting new RAM and that hasn't fixed it either. If anybody has any clue I will be incredibly grateful for the help.

I recently installed a new CPU (I5 3570k) and after I installed it my PC won't boot properly. It turns on, my mobo (ASUS P86P7 Pro) LED's turn on and my fans turn on but nothing displays on my screen, and after a few seconds on being turned on, it turns off and turns itself back on again. I tried inserting my old CPU (I5 2500k) to see if my new CPU was the problem but the same thing is happening. I have tried removing each stick of RAM and trying it again with 1 at a time to see if the RAM was the problem but it solves nothing. I was also thinking it was maybe the GPU displaying nothing ( AMD Radeon 6950 twin frozr II) but my Mobo has no on board graphics so i can't really check that. I saw a thread from a few months ago with a similar problem and the solution was to update the Mobo, I wanted to try to that but I can't access my BIOS because it doesn't display anything with either CPU. I'm all out of ideas and could really use some advice if anyone has any to offer.

Thanks guys

Somethingformal

Reputable
May 7, 2014

Thanks i'll try again with the battery but at the moment the old CPU is in it currently and I haven't had any luck with that

Okay I did the CMOS with the Battery and nothing displays still, but its hasn't done a double boot for the first time since this happened

I just turned it off and on again and now it double boots again

Somethingformal

Reputable
May 7, 2014

I don't hear my HDD spin no, but the OS is on an SSD if that makes any difference. And yeah I applied thermal paste when I installed it

Hlias Anton

Distinguished
May 8, 2014
Well i dont think is a cpu problem, you said that already tested the new and the old.you checked the rams too, hard to be the gpu also.
so my bets are on mobo or psu.
how old are your mobo, and which psu you have?

TRENDING THREADS