Question Installed new CPU and now there's no display - Asus B85m-g and i5 4570

Apr 22, 2020
Hi all,

Just tried to update my CPU after a couple years in my old PC and ran into an issue.

I installed a i5 4570 in my Asus B85m-g motherboard and when I booted up there was no display.

I reinstalled my old CPU and tried updating the bios, but that didn't fix it.

I assumed the CPU was just fried, until I looked through older BIOS updates for the B85m-g here :

Eg. Version 904 that talks about using a BIOS updater for 4th gen compatibility.

I didn't update the Bios this way I instead updated to the newest bios under EZ flash in my bios menu, is this relevant?

Am I just to assume the CPU is dead?

Any suggestion appreciated

Apr 22, 2020
No no am just like u I bought an I 7 3770 and still work but the person came in my home to see if it work and it did but when he left I open my pc to see it more closely and buuuum on the back of the processor one capacitor was gone.

Apr 22, 2020
Hi all,

I recently tried to upgrade my CPU in my B85M-G Motherboard and when I install the new CPU (I've tried it twice now with a i5 4570 and i5 4590) there is no display.

When I initially installed the CPU I updated the Bios from Version 0703 (incompatible with 4th gen processors) via EZ Flash to Version 3602, the most recent update.

The one catch is that Version 0904 talks about using a Bios updater tool instead of EZ Flash. This tool is not mentioned in the most recent update.

Is there any argument to use this tool instead of a normal EZ Flash bios update?

Just to clarify the motherboard works find with my old G3220 CPU so I know its not that that is the issue.

Any suggestions appreciated

Link to B85M-G Bios page - https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/B85MG/HelpDesk_BIOS/