[SOLVED] Installed new CPU but monitor says *NO SIGNAL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2020
I was so hyped to use my newly bought "2nd hand" cpu to play games, and turns out when I installed it, it wont work.. It just opens my system unit and my monitor isn't. Fans are going, gpu is running, also the "numLock" on my keyboard doesnt lit up. I tried reconnecting my gpu and ram, cleaned them. Still, monitor won't open. When I tried to place my old cpu which is the i3-2120, it works. What could be the problem?

Specs :
samsung h61s1 - mobo (i tried finding a bios update for this mobo model, but it seems so hard to find an update for this mobo, can anyone help me find an app, website at least for me to update it)

gtx1050ti - gpu

i3-2120 & i5-3470 - cpus

2x8GB = 16GB RAM

Solution
Naw, Samsung's lack of support restricts that motherboard to Sandy Bridge. That's the trouble with OEM systems, they rarely support upgrades beyond it's use. These companies prefer you buy new.

What you could try is get an i7 2600. This will be a more significant upgrade over the i5 3470 anyway.
Aug 12, 2020
I was so hyped to use my newly bought "2nd hand" cpu to play games, and turns out when I installed it, it wont work.. It just opens my system unit and my monitor isn't. Fans are going, gpu is running, also the "numLock" on my keyboard doesnt lit up. I tried reconnecting my gpu and ram, cleaned them. Still, monitor won't open. When I tried to place my old cpu which is the i3-2120, it works. What could be the problem?

Specs :

samsung h61s1 - mobo (i tried finding a bios update for this mobo model, but it seems so hard to find an update for this mobo, can anyone help me find an app, website at least for me to update it)

gtx1050ti - gpu

i3-2120 & i5-3470 - cpus

2x8GB = 16GB RAM

Aug 12, 2020

Specs :

gtx1050ti - gpu

i3-2120 & i5-3470 - cpus

2x8GB = 16GB RAM

Aug 12, 2020

Specs :

gtx1050ti - gpu

i3-2120 & i5-3470 - cpus

2x8GB = 16GB RAM

Reactions: brryronnie

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Naw, Samsung's lack of support restricts that motherboard to Sandy Bridge. That's the trouble with OEM systems, they rarely support upgrades beyond it's use. These companies prefer you buy new.

What you could try is get an i7 2600. This will be a more significant upgrade over the i5 3470 anyway.

Reactions: brryronnie
Solution

Specs :

gtx1050ti - gpu

i3-2120 & i5-3470 - cpus

2x8GB = 16GB RAM
There's only one BIOS version for it, did you reset CMOS/BIOS between CPU changes ?

Aug 13, 2020
Hey bro, here's what I did, I removed the RAM and pushed both ends in very hard, so i could actually hear the clicks on both side. or you could buy a cheap entry level CPU, to test or check the back of the CPU for any bent pins, the Psu can be taken from any old PC and if All of these are still no functioning then it's your mobo - mod edit removed link to samsung displays -

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.