[SOLVED] Installed new CPU on Gigabyte a320m-h Motherboard but I failed to update BIOS, PC won't boot ?

Nov 25, 2021
Hi folks, hope everyone is keeping well.

Bit of an issue today with installing a new CPU on my motherboard.

Old CPU: Ryzen 5 1800x
New CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x
Motherboard: Gigabyte a320m-h

Installed the new CPU but did not update BIOS (f40 required), so now for both of my CPU's, the PC powers on when I press the switch, but no input power coming from motherboard, indicated by LED's coming on for my keyboard, but not my mouse, and my monitor showing "No signal".

Not an issue with monitor as I use it for work alongside my laptop.

Have already tried taking out RAM sticks to clean them and replace them.

Anyone familiar with this motherboard and know how I can reset the CMOS either by taking out the battery/jump switches?

I have tried to find the CMOS battery to take out, but cannot see one visible on the motherboard unless it is hiding behind my graphics card, which appears to be solidly bracketed to the case.

Thanks in advance!

Nov 25, 2021
2white usb headers, clr_cmos, one white usb header with black cable connected
clr_cmos is what you looking for, use screwdriver when PSU is off
Hi!
Can you see in my photo what I can see from my perspective?
I can see the 2 white USB headers there in the middle, with 10 connections each. To the right of it I can see the block of 4 connector pins with "clr_cmos" written underneath, but there is no wire connected to them.
To the right of those 4 cmos pins are 8 other pins, all with wires coming out of them, and then theres one more white block with 1 pin only, not occupied.
I'm wondering are the wires done incorrectly, or am I just doing the wrong pins for the screwdriver method, because I have tried this method 3 or 4 times now with no success.

Nov 25, 2021
bottom 2 pins are for clearing cmos
upper 2 pins are for case opened sensor

connect 2 bottom pins together
Thanks again!
I will try to put a screwdriver in between these two pins now.
Can you explain what you mean by put these 2 bottom pins together?
Thanks again for your help, really appreciate this.