CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE
Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Plus
Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme3
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4)
GPU: Radeon R9 270X Dual-X (4GB)
PSU: Corsair CX600 (600W)
HDD: x1 500GB, x1 250GB

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Bought the new CPU to replace my Phenom II X4 965 BE, as well as the new GPU to replace my HD 6870.
2. Flashed the BIOS, as recommended by the manufacturer (here). No problems. (However, I noticed I get no beep during POST but the machine continues to boot just fine)
3. Installed GPU separately, without issues.
4. Removed the old CPU after cleaning up old TIM from the heatshield and the cooler.
5. Installed new CPU and cooler with AS5. I made sure the arrows lined up properly and the chip was locked into the socket.
6. Fans spin up and lights illuminate upon startup, but the system does not POST, provide any beep codes, or recognize my monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.
7. Went through this checklist to no avail.
8. Reset CMOS--Now I get 5 beeps on startup, indicating a CPU, RAM or mobo issue.
9. Reseated RAM and GPU again. No change.
10. Removed the cooler and checked the chip. There doesn't seem to be any excess TIM smeared anywhere or any bent/damaged pins.

Now, since I reset the CMOS I'm assuming I'll need to reinstall the old CPU so I can reflash my BIOS again and go from there. Is this correct? Otherwise, I'm at a loss here. :??:

Thanks for reading.

DF Lutefisk

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014

I tried one stick of RAM at a time, no dice. The monitor doesn't seemed to be recognized so nothing there, either.

DF Lutefisk

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014

Actually, I swapped the new CPU for the old CPU and everything works fine. Any ideas what the deal is with the new one? Should I reflash my BIOS, send for an RMA?

TRENDING THREADS