Installed new cpu, won’t load bios, and keyboard seems to not be working anymore.

Left4Donut

Reputable
May 26, 2015
So I recently bought an i7-3770 Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz LGA 1155, made sure it matched my Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 (rev. 1.3) motherboard, put it in, connected everything, pressed the power button, and can get to the bios screen and that’s it. It’ll get to that screen, sit for a while, and then power down and cycle through that again and again until I shut it off completely.

Getting to the bios screen would be a good thing but as luck would have it, it seems that my USB ports have stopped working so I can’t use my keyboard. Cant do squat other than just watch the darn thing boot over and over.

I’ve tried clearing the CMOS. I’ve tried taking out the battery and putting it back in an hour later but that didn’t seem to help any.

If I could just access the bios I might be good to go but I can’t get my keyboard to work. I’ve tried every port on the thing, and have unplugged everything else to be sure.

So I’m at a loss and have come to you all for some much needed help. Any ideas would be fantastic at this point. Please and thank you.

Solution

You might have to put your old CPU back in, then check that the BIOS version you have installed will support the I7-3770. Check the Gigabyte website for any BIOS updates that offer support for the new CPU, and update to that BIOS before trying the new CPU.

Solution