[SOLVED] Installed new CPU

Jun 24, 2020
Hi.
need a little help.....
Yesterday me and my partner installed a new CPU on our MSI h61m-p31/w8 motherboard it did have an intel i5 3470 and upgraded it to intel i7 3770k which we know is compatible, it ran completely fine yesterday for 6+ hours continuous use we monitored how hot it was getting and everything never went anywhere near getting too hot or too cold.

we tried turning it on this morning and got the fans to power up and it attempts to turn on but after 10seconds it turns off automatically and continuously try’s to restart its self.

We have tried resetting the BIOs and nothing changed we’ve made sure everything is plugged in correctly as well and nothing seems to change the outcome...
Please help!

Solution
Hi.
need a little help.....
Yesterday me and my partner installed a new CPU on our motherboard it did have an intel i5 3470 and upgraded it to intel i7 3770k which we know is compatible, it ran completely fine yesterday for 6+ hours continuous use we monitored how hot it was getting and everything never went anywhere near getting too hot or too cold.

we tried turning it on this morning and got the fans to power up and it attempts to turn on but after 10seconds it turns off automatically and continuously try’s to restart its self.

We have tried resetting the BIOs and nothing changed we’ve made sure everything is plugged in correctly as well and nothing seems to change the outcome...
Please help!

The 3770k uses quite a bit...
Hi.
need a little help.....
Yesterday me and my partner installed a new CPU on our motherboard it did have an intel i5 3470 and upgraded it to intel i7 3770k which we know is compatible, it ran completely fine yesterday for 6+ hours continuous use we monitored how hot it was getting and everything never went anywhere near getting too hot or too cold.

Please help!

The 3770k uses quite a bit more power than a 3470, what PSU are you using?

Also have you tried the machine with minimal components installed (i.e. just the motherboard, cpu, 1 stick of memory + PSU using the on board graphics)? If that works you can then start adding components back in a retest stability.

Solution