Question Installed new GPU now display seems too sharp.

Dec 12, 2020
I recently upgraded from a GTX 970 to an RTX 3060 ti and since then there are a number of things that look... off. For example, I play a lot of CS:GO, and now certain things have almost a purplish shadow behind them, kind of like sharpness has been set to 200%. I couldn't find much on this issue on Google and I just don't know what's causing it. I did find another thread from two years ago where someone had the same issue, but it was never solved. It doesn't show up well when I try taking a picture myself, but that person linked an album that better illustrate what it looks like (the 3rd and 4th pictures in particular). I know it's not my monitor because it didn't look like this before I installed a new GPU. However, just to be sure I did a factory reset on my monitor, and even with all default settings it still looks the same (albeit the colors look a bit different). I've already tried removing the old GPU's drivers with DDU and installing the newest ones, but again, no luck. I really don't know what the issue could be.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS