[SOLVED] Installed new gpu now pc freezes after u close any game.

Nov 21, 2019
Hey guys so today I installed my new rtx2060 and it does just fine in game but sometimes when I close the games my entire pc freezes and makes static noises. The only way I’ve found of fixing it is to hold down the power button. Any ideas of what my problem might be?
thanks.

Solution
Really? I didn’t know that, it cost me 60 dollars. I’m ordering a new psu today from amazon.

Yeah, they've always been a hands-off recommendation. PSU tier lists tend to have a lot of problems, but if you check sources like the Linus list or the old one here or others on the web, you'll find the TR2 as a nearly unanimous bottom dweller. You'd be fine with a Corsair CX 550W, which is usually a safe budget recommendation. And it gets the old PSU out of the mix as the low quality ones can cause issues with diagnoses.

Lutfij

Titan
List your specs to your system like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Since you added a new GPU, what was your prior GPU? Did you uninstall the older GPU drivers using DDU and then installing the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site?

Nov 21, 2019
List your specs to your system like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Since you added a new GPU, what was your prior GPU? Did you uninstall the older GPU drivers using DDU and then installing the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site?
Specs:
I5 8400
Rtx 2060 (old gpu was a gtx 1060)
Idk my chasis tbh
Mobo asus prime h310m-E r2.0
Windows 10
Psu thermal take tr2 600w

yes i did uninstall my drivers before installing my new gpu.
thanks for answering

When you uninstalled the GTX 1060 Drivers did you also remove the Nvidia HD Audio Driver. Sometimes it get confused with newer card + new drivers.

You could uninstall RTX 2060 driver and HD Audio Driver. Restart than reinstall with a Clean Install when Nvidia asks you during your install. Don't worry audio driver will be part of install.

DSzymborski

Titan
Really? I didn’t know that, it cost me 60 dollars. I’m ordering a new psu today from amazon.

Yeah, they've always been a hands-off recommendation. PSU tier lists tend to have a lot of problems, but if you check sources like the Linus list or the old one here or others on the web, you'll find the TR2 as a nearly unanimous bottom dweller. You'd be fine with a Corsair CX 550W, which is usually a safe budget recommendation. And it gets the old PSU out of the mix as the low quality ones can cause issues with diagnoses.

Solution

DSzymborski

Titan
Just ordered it, it should arrive tomorrow

Hopefully this fixes the issue (I would have recommended doing this under any circumstances). Sudden freezing with BSoDs or the like has a strong tendency to be power source or temperature.

How long have you had this Windows install? If it's been a while, it can be good to rule out any odd software issues. Windows isn't like an armored car, after all!

Nov 21, 2019
It’s been around 3 months. The fresh install is done and I unplugged all of my drives but one maybe it was something to do with the other drives.