CPU: i7 3770K
Motherboard: MSI MPOWER Z77
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence
PSU: Corsair AX760
Old GPU: MSI 980 Ti
New GPU: GIGABYTE 2080 GAMING OC
Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Mechanical
Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro

So last night I installed my new GIGABYTE 2080 GAMING OC in my PC. I have easily done over twenty GPU upgrades in the past and have never experienced an issue. Below are the steps I took:

1. Uninstalled previous GPU driver using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)
2. Removed old GPU
3. Inserted new GPU
4. Booted PC, keyboard and mouse aren't lighting up or working
5. Windows loads and finally keyboard and mouse light up and start working
6. Installed new GPU driver
7. Restarted PC - Mouse and keyboard still not lighting up until AFTER Windows logo
8. Move keyboard and mouse into different USB ports and boot PC, still not working
9. Restart my PC to try enter BIOS, can't because keyboard and mouse don't work
10. Plug different USB keyboard in to front USB, works and I get into BIOS
11. Reset BIOS to default - mouse and keyboard still aren't working
12. Reset CMOS - mouse and keyboard still aren't working
13. Boot into Windows and install USB and chipset drivers. Windows says it's installed drivers for keyboard and mouse
14. Restart PC -- mouse and keyboard still aren't working until AFTER Windows logo
15. Cry

So basically installing my new GPU has somehow disabled my rear USB ports but not the front ones.

Can anyone help me with this frustrating issue? I'm going to put my old card back in tonight to see if that fixes it. If it does then I guess it's the GPU?

Thanks all,

Leemon

Edit: Something maybe worth noting. When I shut down my PC my mouse stays lit. As soon as I turn the PC on the mouse turns off and won't come back on until AFTER the Windows logo. It never used to stay on.