Installed new graphics card, getting lag

Apr 9, 2018
Hello everyone, I recently upgraded my RAM and graphics card and now I am getting lag in every game that I play that I never had before even on low settings. I don't think it is my internet connection because speedtest shows me having 7 ping. I removed the Invidia drivers I had before on my machine before installing the new card. Would going back to my old GTX 760 actually improve my performance?

Mobo- ASROCK Z77 Pro4
CPU- Intel i7 3770k
GPU- AMD RX560
Ram- 16gb Ballistix DDR3 running at 1600mhz (They are 1866 sticks but my mobo will only let me go up to 1600)
PSU- Thermaltake 650W
OS- Windows 10 64 bit
No SSD, WD Caviar Black 1tb

PSU is brand new as well, have not updated BIOS.

Thanks!

Solution
Correct. VRAM is only one spec when choosing a graphics card.

Although the 560 has more vram, it has a less powerful GPU.

Its like comparing an i3 with 16gb of ram vs a i5 with 8gb of ram. The i5 would still perform better.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
Correct. VRAM is only one spec when choosing a graphics card.

Although the 560 has more vram, it has a less powerful GPU.

Its like comparing an i3 with 16gb of ram vs a i5 with 8gb of ram. The i5 would still perform better.

Solution
Apr 9, 2018
So going back to my old card I should get superior performance? What would you recommend as an upgrade to the 760 that would work for my current set up?

Is my CPU and overall set up going to hold me back drastically?

ikaz

Distinguished
I'm assuming you went from 8 to 16GB to be honest upgrading your memory probably won't have much of any performance unless you were running into memory issues. If anything you should save up and try to get GTX 1060/RX 580.

Apr 9, 2018
I was having some memory problems, would a gtx 1060 be a huge upgrade on my machine?

What about a 4gb 1050 ti?

Also, should swapping back to my 760 be a performance upgrade?

ikaz

Distinguished
swaping back will improve your performance over the 560 yes, and not really best to just save up for 1060 hopefully there maybe some announcement of volta series or if those ASCII machines actually work and don't get screwed by the "fork in the code" the minner will move away from using gpu's

ezdeath4u.yt

Commendable
Oct 18, 2017

1050ti is good but the 1060 6gb is better and not much more expensive. If you have the money get a 1060 6gb, otherwise do a 1050ti

Latest posts