[SOLVED] Installed new M.2 SSD and installed windows onto it, now I disocnnected my orignial sata ssd with windows and cannot boot to the M.2

Sep 10, 2020
Originally had 1 SATA ssd with windows 10 installed and 2 HDD for storage. Recently bought 2 1tb M.2 Drives to replace everything. I installed the drives and then proceeded to install windows. selected one of the M.2 drives and then was able to get into windows 10 just fine. Shut off pc then disconnected the original SSD and HDDs then attempted to boot back up and to no avail. I cannot get into windows 10. So I hooked my original SSD back up and now when I start my pc it asks which volume of windows I'd like to boot from. Am I able to fix this without reinstalling windows AGAIN. I've read some posts about disabling CSM and secure boot and so on. I've tried some of those with no luck.

Solution
Create bootloader on new windows drive this way.
Execute from elevated command prompt (regular command prompt will give error on last step).
(if you get error on any step, then stop immediately)
diskpart
list disk
select disk 1
list partition
select partition 2
(make sure you select 930.99GB partition)​
srink desired=500
create partition efi size=500
format fs=fat32 quick
assign letter=H
exit
bcdboot C:\windows /s H:

If you still have your win 10 bootstick, insert it and use the setup to wipe your old sata ssd with the active win partition

If not:

disconnect your "old" sata ssd with your old win partition

Boot into windows from your m2 ssd

Hook up your old sata ssd, and format it

with luck this will work since you mentioned you are able to get it to boot eventually

When you install windows, you should have only single drive connected.
If you have your old windows drive connected, while you install windows on new drive, bootloader partition doesn't get created on new drive. The new drive doesn't get made bootable.
Installer doesn't make new bootloader partition, because there's no point in having two bootloaders.

Now you either reinstall windows on new drive with all other drives disconnected or
create bootloader partition manually.

Create bootloader on new windows drive this way.
Execute from elevated command prompt (regular command prompt will give error on last step).
(if you get error on any step, then stop immediately)
diskpart
list disk
select disk 1
list partition
select partition 2
(make sure you select 930.99GB partition)​
srink desired=500
create partition efi size=500
format fs=fat32 quick
assign letter=H
exit
bcdboot C:\windows /s H: