[SOLVED] Installed new mobo/cpu/ram, temperatures showing extremely high numbers.

Dec 5, 2019
So, last night I had some issues with installing two RAMs with my CPU (it would only work with one at first), although I managed to get it to start at last after removing the CPU and putting it back again a few times. Now I pose a different issue - The CPU and System temperatures are spiking quite a lot, and the CPU fan occasionally goes completely wild. The temperatures vary from 50C/122F to 67C/152F for my CPU, and 63C/145F to 100C (121F) for my System.

I bought an upgrade package for Black Friday, containing a New CPU/Mobo/RAM - all of which are compatible with one another. The cooling paste is evenly spread over the CPU, and the fan's plastic has been removed (naturally). I have a SPEC-03 Midi Tower chassis, With 2 fans up front, and one at the back - all of which are working. The old system ran completely fine in this case.

What I tried so far:
  • Reseting BIOS
  • Downloading Speedfan & HWMonitor
  • Updating drivers for Mobo/CPU/GPU/SSDs

I am completely lost. Is it a faulty Mobo/CPU? Misreadings on the temperature sensors? Have I been doing something wrong?

New System:
CPU: Intel Core i5-9400F Prosessor
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B360-F Gaming, S-1151
Ram: HyperX Fury RGB DDR4 16GB 2666MHz (2x8GB)
SSD1: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
SSD2: Kingston
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB DUAL OC
PSU: Corsair RM850 (850W)
Chassis: Corsair Carbide SPEC-03 Midi Tower

Solution
What cooler do you have?
The stock intel cooler comes with preapplied paste.
What is your temperature at idle?
It should be around 10-15c. over ambient if your cooler is mounted well.
67c. is actually quite good under load.

If you used the stock intel cooler, it can be tricky to get it installed properly.
What cooler do you have?
The stock intel cooler comes with preapplied paste.
What is your temperature at idle?
It should be around 10-15c. over ambient if your cooler is mounted well.
67c. is actually quite good under load.

If you used the stock intel cooler, it can be tricky to get it installed properly.

Solution