Question Installed new motherboard and CPU, but now I can't get past the bios without freezing

Jul 9, 2019
Today I upgraded my pc for college engineering by replacing the cpu with a Core i7 9700k (from a Ryzen 5 1400) and switching my motherboard from a Gigabyte AB350M-D3H to an MSI Z390-A Pro for compatibility reasons. I also installed a disk drive and wifi antenna in case that's important. I kept my DDR4 ram, CX 450 power supply, EVGA GTX 1060, and hard drive(which I wiped, so for all intents and purposes this is a brand new pc) from my old build. The upgrade went pretty smoothly until I went to boot the pc up. I got to the bios just fine, and it looked like everything was there and working. There was no overheating going on, and everything that should be there was recognized in the bios. But every time I try to boot up past the bios or the boot manager, I just see the motherboard's "Pro Series" logo and a little spinning icon before the icon freezes. I have tried waiting it out, and it seems to get me nowhere. I have tried booting off of different flash drives with Windows installer on them. My friend even tried booting off of the Windows installer flash drive to see if it was the problem, but he booted into Windows installer with no issues, so it's definitely a problem on my end. I tried booting off of the disk drive with the motherboard's driver disk inside. Nothing seems to get around the freeze. Any ideas? Could it be a problem with the motherboard?

Jul 9, 2019
Switching platforms requires a clean install. Also have you tried booting without the wireless adapter in place.
Yes I tried booting without the optical drive or wifi antenna because I was worried about power draw and it still freezes before I can do anything. I know I need a clean install, but I can't even get far enough to install Windows before it freezes. All I've been able to access is the bios and boot manager, but no matter what I try to boot from I get a little loading wheel that freezes and then I'm stuck