Question Installed new NHD15s cooler, strange noise driving me insane

Jun 26, 2020
Like the title says, I have recently bought an installed an NHD15s air cooler to replace my water cooler which stopped working. The temperatures are great, but there is a strange mid-high pitched vibrating noise that kind of oscillates really fast, think tinnitus like. It's not coil whine, the pitch is clearly audible, kind of like a D or E one octave high for those that have music knowledge. I have tried checking the screws, holding down surfaces, stopping fans, pulling things apart and re-seating them and the only time it stops is when the PC is off :(. Has anyone else ever had any experience with this?

My case is a Fractal Design Define S Black ATX Case, Window and my cooler is mounted vertically so that the air is being blown front to back if it helps.

Phaaze88

Glorious
Ambassador
What other fans are you using in the chassis and where are they placed?

I wish I knew what this sound was that some people seem to encounter... I don't notice it, but I'm not that sensitive to certain sounds either.

Jun 26, 2020
Sorry, I found the source of the problem and it was not the cooler after all, it was the gpu. I must have damaged it in some way as I was installing the cooler. I have another thread up in the gpu board.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS